There are three core functions in any business:
- Get Work
- Do Work
- Get Paid
The key to any successful enterprise is to do these three things as efficiently as possible.
The reality is and will always be that these three functions within an organization are always at odds with each other.
Although all three functions are of critical importance, this does not mean that they are all equal.
Get work is the most important. It is the ability to generate revenue also known as sales. Revenue is the oxygen of a business. Without it, the organization dies.
Everyone on the team should have a healthy respect for the significance of get work. It’s what ensures that the next two exist.
How does your dealership make sales? It’s likely an entire process of generating traffic and leads, setting appointments and closing deals. Much attention should be given to every part of this journey to make sure that a customer has a great experience and wants to buy a car from your dealership.
Here are a few ways to “get more work”:
- Use On-Facebook Destination for Automotive Inventory Ads to keep your shoppers engaged with your inventory right on Facebook
- Launch a Facebook Messenger Event Campaign
- Use Google Ads to protect your website traffic and PMA (primary market area)
- Mine your customer database and offer a no-obligation trade-in quote
Next is do work. This is how you deliver the work that is gotten. If you’re world-class here, it has a transcendent effect on the other two areas. Your team and clients will feel the great standard of excellence.
If you “Do-Work” at a world class level, you will have delighted customers and have a scalable business.
What does that look like for your dealership? Here are some ideas:
- Make sure every conversation with a prospect is genuine and professional
- Follow-up with prospects kindly as life can get busy and people are easily distracted
- Offer thoughtful ways to make a shopper feel at home – food, beverage, activities for kids
- Remember their names and take special note of what they are really looking for in a vehicle
- Be responsive – don’t keep someone waiting on Messenger for longer than a minute
Last but not least is get paid. Ultimately, you can get and do work at a world-class level, but if you’re not getting paid, what’s the point?
For an organization to function well, there must be a balance of capital, both human and financial, in these core functions.
Take a look around. Is your business out of balance? It’s okay. Just do the next right thing to ensure you’ve got the right mix to make your business work without you.
At the end of the day that should be the goal of every business owner. Most amount of money for the least amount of work.