We’ve heard that quality is job one. Nope. Being totally freaking amazing is job one!
We all know that nothing happens, until something gets sold. Nothing. No one gets paid. Nothing gets produced. No sales means everything comes to an abrupt halt, including your job!
Closers are bad-ass!
They say that 1 in every 23 people is a salesperson. If every salesperson only made three mistakes a year that would result in 136 million mistakes a year. Of course, that’s just hypothetical. Wouldn’t it be great to only make three mistakes in a year? The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of car salespeople make more than three mistakes per year. A lot more. Some of the mistakes are just simple bumps in the road. Others, well, they can be much more costly to the sale and the salesperson.
Following are 8 fatal mistakes car salespeople make that often kill the sale and your sales profession:
- Hyping – Relying on “You can do it” propaganda to maintain your sales motivation.
- Posing – Trying to sell before training to sell.
- Tinkering – Treating the symptoms but not the sickness of poor selling efforts.
- Muscling – Taking Lone Ranger actions instead of using team-connected strategies.
- Arguing – Selling vehicles before knowing your customer
- Begging – Seeking your customers’ business before earning your customers’ trust
- Skimming – Focusing on surface profitability instead of client satisfaction
- Stagnating – Losing your sales edge by neglecting your own personal growth.
Any way you look at it, all of us who are in sales need a reminder of why we are in sales. And when you close a sale you need to be reminded that you are a bad-ass closer!
If you’d like to learn more about the 8 fatal mistakes, I highly recommend you read this book.
Always be closing!
A good 1-2 punch is to start with a strategic direct mail marketing campaign and a world class sales team. Let’s get started and sell some cars!
I’d love to hear from you. Share your thought below on sales mistakes you’ve made and how you’ve conquered them.
Give me a call today at (877) 355-6245 or complete the form below and we will be in contact with you.