What is “good enough”? What determines who we are and where we are going? How do we find happiness? Do the events in our life shape who we are?
Somehow we are created to achieve. We are all gifted with different talents, abilities, and a lifetime of opportunities. Our “potential” is endless.
Today, we live in a world where on a personal level, nearly anything is possible. We ARE the sum total of our choices, and these choices should lead us to happiness. I’ve always thought that the secret to happiness was aligning what you want with the price that you’re willing to invest to get it. In the automotive business we are talking about your appetite for long work days, ass-kissing, office politics, screaming kids, quotas, and inner-drive, as the price you invest to get what you want.
If you can live in that sweet spot of doing and getting what you want, you are living your potential. Isn’t your potential all about being happy?
I would love to hear from you, tell me what you think by sharing your comments below.
Strategies to Reaching Higher “Potential” in Direct Mail Marketing Campaigns
- Keep it simple – Herb Kelleher, Former CEO of Southwest Airlines once said, “I can teach you the secret to running this airline in thirty seconds. This is it: We are THE low-fare airline. Once you understand that fact, you can make any decision about this company’s future as well as I can.”
- Use surprise – This is how you get people to pay attention. Surprise is an emotion whose function is to increase alertness and cause focus. It’s intended to grab people’s attention. For your automotive direct mail marketing to be effective, we must generate interest and curiosity. And surprise.
- Be concrete – We make our marketing ideas clear when we create concrete images. Our brains our designed to remember concrete data.
- Be credible – Follow through with what you say you will do. Remember what I said last week? Every marketing problem is a people problem.
- Tell stories – Get people to act on your marketing by telling successful stories. Tell us about that first-time car buyer, the new car anniversary present, the surprise graduation gift.
Are you ready for a winning marketing strategy? At ADS we can make that happen. Give me a call today at (877) 355-6245 or complete the form below and we will be in contact with you.