Do you ever think about why you advertise?
I know the answer of course.
You want to sell more cars.
Yes, that is true and something we are good at, but there might be other reasons, such as:
- We just have the budget.
- Our automotive services don’t create difference for our customers.
- It helps us keep up with our competitors.
- We’re afraid.
- We confuse awareness with impact.
- It’s easier than giving people something worth talking about.
- We want to raise awareness and stay top of mind.
- Or worst of all, we believe advertising is a shortcut to mattering to customers.
What if we made advertising . . .
- Complement a bigger strategy
- Fun . . . maybe a contest? Check out GAMETIME
- Tell a story
- Part of growing new fans
When there is a bigger purpose than just driving traffic to tell potential customers who and where we are, magic happens. Let’s become who the customer wants us to be. Freaking remarkable!